sábado, 6 de junio de 2009

City on a hill

Hey so, I'm in a new town for this week where we have three work crews combined to do a real trial run. Oxymoron, yes. Let me describe. We stay at a church halfway up a mountain with the rooftops of the town buildings and houses coming up to about the base of our buildings. The town is in a valley surrounded by mountains covered in green trees. Yeah, it's awesome. We have youth groups coming in for our first week tomorrow.
Thursday my crew went to a community member's house to have dinner, join her church bible study, and then jammed out to some blue grass with them. Someone let me borrow a guitar and helped me figure out the beat while we had a couple other guitars, a banjo, some singers, and a bass. It was so much fun! Also...there was a battle that Mark and I fought in one of our meeting rooms...a battle against mold. Try a face mask and a good pep talk from my site director, and we took it on! It's looking better. Other people are waiting for the computer...peace and feel free to pray for us and the community/youth groups that are coming. I really like this community!

No hay comentarios.: