sábado, 27 de junio de 2009

A Rested Heart in a Cemetary

This week went really well.  There were definitely some bumps, but God worked in this place.  Kids Club grew from 14 to 27 in four days.  Those kids were loved, and their hearts broke to see their youth leaders leave for home.  I'm excited to stay here and keep loving them all summer, and see new groups come in and share God's love with them.  I connected with a couple of youth who were really impacted this week.  A lot of them were, but it was sweet (the kinda sweet like the Bible refers to when it compares God's word to honey) to hear their stories and where they are at with God, whether it's "I'm angry" or "I'm still going strong even though this is going on."  
In my one-on-one with my site director this week, he asked what I'd want to do on my day off.  One thing I told him is that I like to go to parks, but there aren't any in Hamlin.  Little did I know when our short trip to a fruit stand that wasn't up today became a long drive that I was losing interest in, that our stop at a cemetary (the two I was with like to look at the dif. stones, names and stuff) would be just the answer to my desire.  I sat under a tree on the top of a hill and read about how we've lost our wonder for God's creations.  It was the perfect place to be, to listen to and feel the wind, be shaded by a tree and see the mountains around me.  

No hay comentarios.: