miércoles, 1 de julio de 2009

Our Favorite Pasttime

   So, our team's new favorite pasttime seems to be going to cemetaries.  I had my one-on-one there yesterday, two of our staff took their break there, and last night we took a hike up to the cemetary by a community member's house with our groups that are here this week.  So far, I've found the oldest year born - 1807, John has the longest life lived at 98, and Kelly has the most unique names which I don't remember right now.  There's a great view from the cemetary down the road.  There are houses and mountains all around.  A lot of cemetaries are on hills because they're closer to the heavens and when people farm around here they plow the flat ground.  
   This week started out rough in my eyes.  Sunday was swell, the families came in and all was fine.  Monday's Kids Club was tough with only a few adults/high schoolers helping to run it, no male leadership, and some of the volunteers being the same age as my kids.  However, my team thought I did amazing, so I'm chugging along and laying it all in  God's hands.  Yesterday was better.  I was repeatedly reading Joshua 1:9 and 2 Tim. 1:7 in the morning.  There's a woman here who is a retired social worker, and we've had a couple good conversations.  I really like her.  I also found that one of my Kids Club helpers really likes to make up new words to the boogaloo song, so we've been having fun with that.  
My team is great. 
Until later...

No hay comentarios.: