martes, 21 de julio de 2009

Mission: Be Saturated and Get Others Soaked

As kids spilled out of the van, a small eleven year old boy walked out and over to me. Lindsey and Sam greeted e with hugs, while his greeting was "Hey butthead." I reached out my arms to DJ and he came in for the hug. "You know you love me," I reminded him. "You're right," and he walked away.
I went to M & R for my one-on-one with John last week. Soon after ordering a drink, six year old Lauren walked in and, smiling, slid into the spot next to me in the booth, laying herself in my arms.
That is why I am here. God is using me to take His love and drench the hearts of kids who think being strong means having a calloused heart and showing them it's ok to feel. I am here to be the hands and feet of Jesus to children who know and trust that I am around simply because I love and care about them.

No hay comentarios.: